Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Why YOU need Blade Transfer Services

Today has been a strange day. Floods in Seattle, network interuptions here in Wellington. All in all it led to a day where you couldn't trust a computer would be running, let alone network be relient and available.
Here's where BTS came to my aid and saved the day (again)....

We all use software that we think we know, but then there is always that moment (it's akin to the bomb defuser cutting the wire) where we say to ourselves "Is this really going to work, and if it doesn't have I wasted hours of my time?"....
Today I was so happy to use BTS to upload 4GB a data from here in Wellington New Zealand to Microsoft USA. I knew for a fact that if it broke 5% of the way through the upload could resume. I knew for a fact that if it broke 80% of the way through the upload could resume. I knew for a fact that if it broke 99% of the way through the upload could resume.
To cut a long story short, the data got to Redmond and the job got done against all odds!

I'm so happy we've got BTS (even if we did have to write it ourselves!)...

Peter

No comments: